Monday, September 13, 2010

Let's Make A List

Something that I always tend to do when I'm so stressed out I want to run into the mountains and become a hermit or just feeling uninspired /totally disorganized is make lists. It sounds really dumb, but having a list of what needs to be done/what I would like to makes the tasks a bit less daunting. But this list I'm submitting to you today is not so much a "If I don't do this I fail at life" list, but more of a bucket list of stuff that I would like to do in the near future and some time before I die. Feel free to submit your ultimate dream list in the comment box, unless it's stupid (j/k).

THE LIST

1. Live in England again even if it's just for a few months.
2. Complete no fewer than TWO half-marathons in 2011
3. Stop liking chips again (thanks a lot Cape Cod chips)
4. Complete the Coast to Coast Walk made famous by A. Wainwright
5. Do as many of Wainwright's Walks as possible
6. Travel around Europe and blog about it.
7. Surf in Hawaii
8. Have a wall of cookbooks
9. Having a kitchen big enough to have a cookbook wall...
10. Having a cute, old house that isn't too big (but big enough for a cookbook wall!)
11. Grow my own veggies to the point where I don't have to buy produce for at least one season
12. Stay at the Scarlett Hotel in Cornwall, UK
13. Finally go to New York City (< late on the "everyone has done this already" train)
14. Go to a writers convention.
15. Finish my degree!
16. Complete a triathlon.
17. Go backpacking, A LOT.
18. See some fjords in Norway.
19. See some fjords in New Zealand.
20. Go to a major music festival.
21. Photobomb as much as possible
22. Learn to not hate children.
23. Have my own pet.
24. Spray someone with a hose to get off of my lawn.
25. Have a wardrobe I'm actually proud of.
26. Send my Dad to Antarctica (Not for punishment, he wants to go there).
27. Own a "mid-life crisis" car.
28. Go to a nerd convention (to feel cool of course...).
29. Eat real Chinese food.
30. Tour the Bulmers brewery.
31. Swim in water where I can see to the bottom.
32. Have a cool thatched farmhouse in England with a working farm.

That is my list so far and I'm positive that things will be added to this as time goes by. Go ahead and make your own because now that I've slapped it on the internet I feel obligated to check off some of these tasks. That's all for now!!

2 comments:

  1. #10 (having a cute, old house that isn't too big) would definitely be on my list, too.

    #25 (cool wardrobe), are you serious?! You have the best clothes, and I'm always jealous.

    If you want help with #28 (go to a nerd convention), you and Brian should come to PAX with us next year.

    My list would probably be something like this:
    1) Have lots more babies
    2) Design a house with secret rooms, then build it
    3) Keep chickens and goats
    4) Travel to India
    5) Drink beer in Belgium and in Germany
    6) Write a screenplay
    7) See Grinderman in concert
    8) Become fluent in French and in Japanese
    9) Track down my dad's biological family
    10) Learn taxidermy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we both know that Dash has the best clothes ever, babies are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete