Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Doing it Raw

Well, kind of. I attempted my first raw food dish other than a salad yesterday and made raw "spaghetti"! The noodles were pieces of zucchini that I sliced up with my trusty julienne slicer which is becoming the best $5 investment of all time. The sauce was just a bunch of grape tomatoes, minced garlic and a little basil that I threw in the food processor for about a minute.


To tell you the truth I didn't really like it. I put way too much garlic in the sauce and it was just...cold. I don't know if I'll jump on the raw food bandwagon past salads and desserts. My "spaghetti" was just to bland for me :(. But I still ate it because it was good for me! I also made some whole wheat bread, but I think the yeast was past it's time and didn't make the dough rise properly. Lame!

Today I made a little salad to have after my hot vinyasa class (which kicked my ass. It's been a while) and it was pretty good. It's basically romaine lettuce, red peppers, English cucumber, onions, broccoli and red grapes. I made a dressing from olive oil, balsamic vinergar, salt, pepper, spicy brown mustard and a tiny bit of honey.

For some reason I always get balsamic vinegar that seems super duper sweet. I wouldn't have put in the honey if I'd known the vinegar was so freaking sweet. Anywho, at least it was nice to look at.

That's all for now peoples. I'll be back soon with some more food stuffs.

BTW I'm moving into a new apartment with a kitchen about 3 times bigger than the one we have now and a DISHWASHER! So excited I have more than one square foot of counter space!

No comments:

Post a Comment