Friday, April 23, 2010

FAT ATTACK!

The excess of birthday has caused me to have a major fat attack complete with naps, inability to get off the couch on the first try, and some sugar sensitivity on my molars, BOO! Oh well, We finally finished off the cake with much help from Brian and now I can sugar detox myself. This is my problem with birthday season, I get so used to stuffing my face that it really makes it tough to get back on track once it's over. The good thing is that my local farmers market is starting to see an influx of delicious foods. yesterday I picked up some portobello mushrooms, a GIANT bag of celery, tomatoes, yellow squash, lemons, oranges, and soooo much more!! There's a mini-store inside my farmers market called Green Alternatives which is just a plethora of eco-friendly home products and they had the COOLEST thing ever: reusable snack/sandwich bags!!

They are made by Snack Taxi which have a website where you can purchase these bad boys in every print you can imagine. Even skull prints for total badasses (are you a bad enough dude to carry your meat sandwich in a skull print snack taxi?!). I had to make a Bad Dudes reference because that game is hilarious. Anywho, these things are great because they're washable and keep you from having to buy snack bags, or in my case, put a handful of nuts into a litre freezer bag because you forgot to buy snack bags, fail!
On culinary creations, I made a delicious-as-hell batch of shrimp fried rice using roasted NOT fried shrimps. I added every vegetable I could find which included zucchini, broccoli, onion, carrot, and red pepper and mixed it in with short grain white rice (I know white=bad) but the only brown rice I had was basmati and that doesn't make for a good fried rice because it gets mushy. It was awesome, in fact it was soo good Brian ate the leftovers which is always a great feat for me.

Today, it's back to running after a three day hiatus. It's supposed to be nice today so why waste it inside?! My mood has improved so much since the weather has gotten better and with only one week of school left, summer couldn't come any faster. This summer will be filled with beach trips, an English vacation and my favorite frozen yogurt places is opening a store down the street from me. These factors translate into a great summer. Until next time, EAT!

2 comments:

  1. MMMMmmmm!! That fried rice looks so delicious!! Hey what's the name of the organic store you go to? And how often is the VB farmer's market open (the one in Blacksbug was only open on Wednesdays and Saturdays :( not enough!)? Those snack bags do look sweet - and yes, I would totally get the badass skull bag for Dan's snacks! I've actually been wanting to get some recently... I may have to make a trip!!
    When are we going out again?! Let's have dinner night soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The store is inside of the 5 Points Farmers Market in Norfolk on the corner of Church and 26th street. The neighborhood isn't brilliant, but it's a good little place! And yes, we do need to have dinner night soon!

    ReplyDelete