Friday, April 9, 2010

Soggy

After about a week and a half of really warm, gorgeous weather, it has finally clouded up and started to rain. Of course it would happen on my day off, but we really need the rain. The trees on my street have dumped their pollen all over my car that was once dark gray and now neon yellow. I went for a run outside on Wednesday morning (mistake) and after a while it felt like the back of my throat was powdered and I have to cut my run short. If the weather clears up I might go for one this afternoon, but who knows! I know I got a little ranty in the last post, but I'm just really bothered by what people know (or don't know) about what they're eating. I mean the kids on that show not only didn't know that french fries came from potatoes, but they didn't even know what a potato was and that is SAD.

Onto what I ate in the past few days! Since it's been warm, I've started transitioning over to breakfast smoothies from my usual oatmeal again. I usually do this every spring and fall because I just find warm breakfasts less appetizing in the warmer months and cold things don't really get me going in the colder ones. I made something I liked to call my "Chocolate Covered Greens" smoothie yesterday morning.
I used some Jay Robb Chocolate whey protein along with a scoop of Chocolate Amazing Grass, A whole navel orange and a HUGE handful of baby spinach, hence the green color. Whenever I make any sort of green juice the people around think it's totally gross and ask things like "Why are you drinking trash water?" or "What is that shit, oh my god it's green what's wrong with you!". Ease up guys, it's just fruit and vegetables and 9 time out of 10 the richer flavors of the fruits overpower the veggies so most of them aren't even noticeable. I've also eaten very little meat this week. Wednesday night I couldn't be bothered to cook my own fresh chicken after my hot yoga class so I bought a rotisserie one from the store. This was the first meat I'd had all week. We also had a sweet potato and some asparagus I needed to use up. It was pretty delicious.




I felt kind of weird eating meat after not having it for so long. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm trying to make my diet a more plant-based one because veggies are just good for you. I also don't like how the meat industry runs things and I love animals. Yesterday I got a book that I ordered called The Kind Diet in the mail. The book is by Alicia Silverstone (as if!) and it's basically a "diet" plan that emphasizes a plant-based way of eating. I haven't read through the whole thing yet, but the recipes look awesome and I can't wait to try them out. I also received my order of all sorts of different skin care oils so that I can partake in my other passion, homemade skincare! Maybe, if my readers don't mind, I can share some of my tips and recipes for some of my favorite self-made skin products. Anywho, I'm off to the Fresh Market to get some veggies. The Fresh Market seems to be the only store other than the farmers markets that have really good produce. It's really sad that our area does not have a whole lot of places to go to get good produce. Maybe I'll share my purchases with you all later! Bye bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment