Monday, April 5, 2010

Gotta love a good tea towel.

I had to share this with everyone because they're so freaking awesome. Today I received my much anticipated ToDryFor order of two beautiful tea towels! My parents have always had fun tea towels, many traditional ones with points of interest from across England or different species of flowers. I found ToDryFor in a magazine and they have the most fun tea towels I've ever seen. I ordered one for my mom for Christmas and I got one for myself at the same time, but it was so pretty I wanted to have it framed so I could display it in my dining room. I was pretty excited when they came out with a few book-inspired ones so I ordered myself a Virginia Woolf tea towel! They also had beach huts which are little huts people buy that line the beaches in England and there are a ton in Felixstowe where my dad lived before moving to Ipswich. Most are decorated to the point where they look like little doll houses and some even have a stove or a tv, why you'd need one at the beach I don't know, but my tea towel is awesome! All I need now is a windbreak and an ice cream!


1 comment:

  1. An addendum to this post for Tara :)
    Tea towels are much more than a dishrag back in the UK though they really are just a glorified dish towel. Many are covered with all sorts of designs that can range from depictions of wildlife such as "Butterflies of Britain" to pastoral scenes or things of regional importance like "Canal boats and man-made waterways". They're sold mostly as souvenirs, like someone here would slap an OBX sticker on the back of their car, someone in England would dry off their dishes with a London-themed tea towel. People don't put stickers on their cars in England showing where they've been, but they'll have multiple tea towels they've purchased whilst on holiday. I hope that helps!!

    ReplyDelete