Monday, April 5, 2010

I Ate Lots of Bread and Chocolate This Weekend!

There! I admitted it. It was Easter and seeing how Easter is a major British chocolate holiday I celebrated by eating Cadbury eggs. I also made bread in my trusty bread machine where I miscalculated the capacity of the machine and the dough rose to the point where it nearly pushed the lid off. The rest of my weekend eats had a lot to do with nachos and I must admit, they were freaking delicious. Look at how effing beautiful they are!



Anywho, that was about it food-wise for this weekend. I did have sushi with my parents on Saturday and had awesome spicy rolls. I could really eat sushi every day if I wasn't afraid of mercury poisoning. On the yoga front, I focused a lot on knee, hip and hamstring openers. Since I've started running again these areas tend to give me a lot of trouble when it comes to tightness. I'm also slightly knock-kneed so things like reclining warrior pose and full lotus are almost impossible. It's really hard for me to even lift one foot into my hip crease, let alone two because of my funky joints. I'm hoping more practice will help remedy this and I'm keep up with it! Now it's back to work. Tonight I'm seeing Kay Ryan, the US Poet Laureate speak downtown which is pretty exciting! It's like seeing a poetry gold medal winner! A lot of my MFA friends are going to the AWP conference in Denver and I'm totally jealous because not only do they get to go to a lot of talks about stuff I probably need to learn about, but Denver has MULTIPLE Whole Foods Markets AND a Lululemon. Why is Hampton Roads the last to get everything?! There are 2.5 million people here, where is our Whole Foods?! Oh well, I'm done ranting for now. I'm about to go out for a run so bye-bye until the next update!

PS- I thought I'd be clever and make my oatmeal with Nutella instead of my usual almond butter thinking it would be delicious. The outcome: not as good as I thought. Too sugary :(

No comments:

Post a Comment