Sunday, April 18, 2010

Recap

I'm breaking the last weeks goings-ons into two posts because I've just got entirely too much crap to go over. Last week was the buildup to my birthday, which is tomorrow. Celebrating your birthday on a Monday is lame, especially when you have work and then class until 10 o'clock at night so I started the party on Thursday after I got off of work by taking a well-needed nap. Naps are great things when you're really tired, but sometimes I find myself napping when I should be working out, so I'll have to find a happy balance somewhere. Last week, I also experimented with making my own granola! There was a recipe in the April issue of Body+Soul magazine that I played around with to fit what I had at home. I used oats, sliced almonds, honey, flax meal, dried cranberries and dried blueberries. Unfortunately, when I was baking the oat and nut base I left it in for a bit too long so it was a bit overdone. It still tasted great though! I've been enjoying it on top of yogurt with a few chocolate chips mixed in.

I've also been making a lot of breakfast smoothies. I usually have these a lot in the warmer months and not so much in the winter because cold stuff just isn't as appetizing when it's 40 degrees outside. It's also a lot faster now that I have a high-speed blender.

I read on a website somewhere that tea that comes in teabags is the lowest quality tea. It's literally the scraps leftover form processing loose tea. I decided to try some loose teas since I have a strainer. I purchased three flavors from the Etsy seller Blue Raven Tea and They are all really good! I ordered Rio, St Tropez and Mango Yogurt; they're all fruity black teas and I'm really enjoying the whole loose tea process. You get 2 oz. in each package and the seller was nice enough to send me two HUGE samples of some other fruity teas. Samples pretty much make my day.

That pretty much sums it up for last week. School is coming to a close and I couldn't be happier. I ordered a bajillion tank tops and bikini separates from Victoria's Secret this afternoon in every color you can think of. I'm ready for the beach :)

2 comments:

  1. i see a shiva rea dvd. i have one of hers. that one is on my amazon list;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have like six of her dvds. I'm such a fanboy/girl

    ReplyDelete